Tuesday 22 January 2013

An Introduction . . .

Hello to any and all who might come across this blog.

This is my first foray into the world of blogging (some years after the fact); still, better late than never ! As an early career academic, I'm often frustrated by the slow pace of the publishing cycle for academic journals and even websites. Many of you who are in a similar position, or more experienced, may well agree that this inevitable crawl towards publication can stifle opportunities to express thoughts, opinions or - dare I be so bold - insights on matters important to us.

As someone who is still attempting to develop their voice and articulate eloquently about my work and interests, I've decided to start a blog on issues relating to Criminal Law and Practice, most particularly criminal lawyers and their role. This is theory at this stage; the content or direction may change but that is the opening brief and I intend to stick within its boundaries ! I hope this might give me an opportunity to both practice my craft, gain an audience for my writing, and connect with academics, professionals or casual readers who might find this area to be of interest.

I am, of course, aware that this blog is a drop in an ocean of internet opinion, both general and crime/law oriented. Some is brilliant, some is banal, and much is in between. If I can avoid the second of those, I will feel I've achieved something. I hope you will agree and perhaps comment (constructively !).

Thanks for reading: enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment